Set Up For Bubbly Photos
You will need
- A clear container (such as a square vase)
- An object to make bubbly (such as a fruit)
- Optional: some Styrofoam and a needle to secure the object to prevent floating
- And the key ingredient responsible for all the bubbles: some plain seltzer water/carbonated water/sparkling water/etc (you can also use sodas but because of their sugar content, clean-up can get quite sticky)
Set up with strawberries pinned on Styrofoam pushed into a square vase, a background placed behind the vase, towels lining the vase to assist in clean-up, and of course seltzer water ready to be applied.
- Try letting your object just float in the seltzer water!
- If you must use a soda, pick a soda that does not have food coloring. Food coloring tends to make the water appear really murky (so choose Sprite not Mountain Dew).
- Clean your vase! With proper lighting and cleaning, the glass of the vase should not affect the picture noticeably.
- Bubbles can form on the sides of the vase. If they do, just brush them off with a pencil of straw.
- Line your vase with towels to assist in the clean-up.
If you've taken a photo using this tutorial and would like your work featured here, feel free to share your results with us.